Thanks to the generosity of Lola C. Reinsch, of the Reinsch Pierce Family Foundation, Mrs. Ginger Laytham, and The Robert and Christina Silberman Family Trust, The National Theatre is now equipped with GalaPro closed captioning services. The GalaPro app is available to download on your own iOS or Android device. You may also request a device for this service at the theatre. GalaPro may be used for any available performance and from any seat in the theatre, special reservations are not required.
Download GalaPro for your next performance! Here’s how:
Before you arrive:
- Download the App from the App store or Google Play store
- Login page will appear the first time you use the app – Choose to create an account or login if you have an existing account
After you arrive, when seated in the theatre:
Prepare your phone for theater mode
- Set your phone to Airplane Mode
- Open Settings > Turn on Wi-Fi > Select GalaPro network for your show> Password is “galapro1“
- Go back into the GalaPro App
- Choose your location > Top Left (Washington, D.C.)
- Choose your show
- Choose your preferred language and (closed captioning or audio description)
- Click Start
- To adjust font size and brightness use settings on top left side of the screen
Enjoy the show!